Ok – honestly… the first time I made this, it was with a can of mushrooms that had in it parsley, onion, etc and I just mixed it with cream. In an effort to reproduce the original recipe – I created this one and next time I cook it, I’m going to add in half a bag o
f frozen spinach after the chicken has been cooked.
1/2 bag Misura Integrale Rigatoni (yes, fiber-enriched pasta is bett
er… eat it!)
1 can mushrooms (or fresh)
1 onion, chopped
1/3 kg chicken breasts, cut in strips
2 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon parsley, chopped finely
1 tablespoon siciliana pesto (Agnes)
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1 tablespoon butter
1 small carton cooking cream (small like an individual juice box)
Steps for preparation:
1. Boil a water for in a medium pot for the pasta.
2. Melt butter in a sauce pan on medium heat.
3. Add chicken strips and onions and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Once brown (about 3-5 minutes), add garlic, spoon of mustard, pa
rsley, and mushrooms.
5. When water boils, add a spoon of olive oil and a spoon of salt and then add in pasta. Set timer for 10 minutes.
6. Add pesto into the mushroom cream mix and then add cream.
7. Season with salt and pepper and leave to simmer.
8. When pasta is al dente, toss in mushroom chicken sauce and mix!