Best feeling ever… craving a Wagamama favorite and then buckling down and finding a good recipe for it. Already had panko breadcrumbs so that part was easy… as for the sauce – found a number of recipes with apples and carrots and bananas (?) and then found a recipe on http://www.pistonheads.com – in response to a wagamama recipe request and took it from there…
my version (which turned out shockingly like the restaurant version I love)
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves of garlic, smushed
1 teaspoon ginger powder
1 teaspoon paprika
2 tablespoons curry powder (half yellow, half mixed)
2 tablespoons flour
water to consistency
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan.
2. Add garlic till golden and add in ginger.
3. Add in curry, flour, paprika and stir to make a paste.
4. Add in water till a little soupy and leave to cook for 5 minutes.
5. Pour over your panko breadcrumb fried chicken breasts!
I made them with some reheated rice (in a pan with a little oil) and added some pine nuts and powdered mint to the rice. Very nice flavor mix!
*This recipe tastes different in one way – it’s much less spicy (which works for me) – if you want to spice it up, I would suggest 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder?